How many of us are guilty of choosing fashion over function when purchasing athletic shoes? Have you ever wondered how to pick the right shoes to support your feet?View Article
Cold and Flu Season Has Arrived!
It seems like everyone is coming down with something, doesn't it! We want to encourage you, our viewers, our community and our patients to fight back early with a few strategic action steps. These steps can be started today and can help boost your immune system; they may enable you to fight off colds and flu all together or if you do catch a bug, they can get you back on your feet faster!
1. Get Adjusted. Every person is different, but one thing remains the same...your brain and nervous system controls EVERYTHING! Subluxations may cause interference in this system can affect your immune system and other natural functions and you may not even know you have them. Every day our bodies fight stress - chemical, emotional and physical stressors - that can cause subluxations. Especially around the holidays it is hard to have the time, money or inclination to keep on your regular schedule (or to start something new). But getting and staying on track are critical to your overall health. Procrastination is the thief of health, so Get Checked and work with your Sullivan, IN chiropractor to stay subluxation free.
2. Take a Probiotic. More than just eating a yummy yogurt, your body needs a broad spectrum probiotic that includes a pre-biotic. Did you know that over 70-80 percent of our immune system lies in our gut health? We eat every day, so we need to balance it every day.
3. Remove Toxins. Toxins can weigh you down and cause fatigue and many other symptoms. They come from our food, water, air, soaps, shampoo, conditioner, hand sanitizer and other body products. While we can't avoid all of them, we can help remove them. Click on the link for more!
4. Essential Oils can be a great asset to our home. They can support our mobile immune system (the blood and other properties that meet invaders and stop them from taking hold). The can help cleanse our environment without the toxins. And they can help us naturally fight back if we do get sick by supporting our body functions rather than suppressing symptoms like fever, congestion, coughing, etc. Here is what one of our team member shared on our Facebook page about her recent experience.
"I don't very often share personal success stories on here, but this time I think I should... A couple of weeks ago I came down with a bug of some sort. Usually if it takes hold of my sinuses, it goes to my chest and can last for at least 7 days with endless unproductive coughing and general malaise. This time I was able to get adjusted at the start of feeling icky. I had a fever for less than 24 hours. Since we've been talking about not suppressing symptoms, I decided to tough it out if I could...so I used doTerra's OnGuard and Peppermint oils to keep me more comfortable. Then as it started to head to my chest, I was able to layer Breathe (doTerra's Respiratory Blend), Eucalyptus and Peppermint to help keep a productive cough and to encourage proper breathing flow and rest. I got an adjustment on Day 5 and was back to work on Day 4! That is the fastest I have ever recovered from catching a bug like this and I was more comfortable than I would have been without getting adjusted and using the oils. If you haven't tried the oils yet or you haven't had a consult, I would encourage you to look into it! And if you haven't tried regular chiropractic care, please consider it!"
-Stef Nelson, Marketing Director
We offer free chiropractic, wellness and essential oil consultations. Our team members are ready to help you start your journey to wellness now.
WellnessFirst Chiropractic is now serving Sullivan and the surrounding communities
with chiropractic services, massage therapy and rehabilitation. Our chiropractor and the rest of the friendly team at WellnessFirst Chiropractic are dedicated to chiropractic solutions to target your unique needs, whether you are suffering from back pain, neck pain, headaches, or even just plain old muscular tightness and tension.
You may need pain relief after suffering an accident, experiencing an injury, or if you have a specific condition such as chronic back pain or a spinal condition; even if you just want to improve your overall health, our chiropractor can help you achieve your wellness goals!
At your first visit to ourWellnessFirst Chiropractic location, our chiropractor will explain the science behind how chiropractic care works, and give you a full evaluation to see if chiropractic care is right for you. If there is a good fit, we can develop a plan of chiropractic care that is specific to your condition and health goals.
If you are new to seeing a chiropractor and want to find out more, please email us or call (812) 268-3400 to receive personalized answers to your questions from our friendly team. We also welcome referrals, so feel free to use the "Send to a Friend" link located at the bottom of every page to share our health information with your friends and loved ones.
If you would like to stay informed about modern chiropractic care or if you want to start receiving free articles about health and wellness news, please subscribe to our weekly newsletter, even if you are not a patient. Once you are subscribed, you will be able to explore our member wellness section and take advantage of our animated exercise videos, wellness articles, and other resources.
Welcome to WellnessFirst Chiropractic of Sullivan
Dr. Sara Tripps, Sullivan Chiropractor
(812) 268-3400 | 222 W Beech St, #1 |Sullivan, IN 47882
Featured Articles Toggle Articles
We are awash in numbers, thanks in large part to the personal mobile devices and the wrong-headed use of so-called big data. Big data can provide substantial value for people as individual patient ...View Article
If you've ever been involved in a motor vehicle collision, you're probably familiar with the term "replacement parts." Regardless of the source of the replacement parts, your car will not be the s ...View Article
With today's fast pace, everyone is on the go all the time. While we understand time may be limited, we want to encourage you to keep at least part of the focus on immune health. Here are a few su ...View Article
When patients come to us they usually ask one of two questions: “When can I be out of pain?” or “Can You Fix Me?” While these may seem like the same question in our office they have very d ...View Article
Did you know that the first chiropractic adjustment wasn't for back pain? Dr. Sara Tripps offers insight into the birth of chiropractic.View Article
Are You Looking for Essential Oils?
Find us on our Doterra website, too. Essential oils are the world's oldest medicine. If you are looking for natural solutions to every day problems. Schedule a FREE consultation to see if these could help you and your family!
Want access to members only content?
Sign in with your account, or register to become a member below.
Now through Nov. 20 we are collecting non-perishable items for our annual food drive. Every 5 non-perishable items donated gets you entered to win one of 3 1-hour massage of your choice! *Hot Stone Massage excluded. Call 268-3400 for more details. All items will be donated to local food pantries.
Look for more details on our Clothing Drive, too!